My name is Linda Veness and I enjoy working at the Natural Fitness and Therapy Centre, where I have been working since it opened in 2001.
I have been a natural healer for many years. I offer a natural and holistic approach to healthcare, working with all aspects of a person’s being, including mind, body and spirit, as well as environmental, chemical and food sensitivities, offering a nutritional balance.
I use a wide range of therapies to help others, and often use more than one therapy in a session to achieve the balance that maybe needed. I aspire to the highest standards in natural healthcare and ensure that all the therapies are person centred to the individual.
The therapies I offer are for all age groups and have been very also beneficial to children with behavioural, emotional and physical problems.
I believe that good health is not merely the absence of symptoms or illness. Our minds, bodies and spirits need help, support and, from time to time, a little fine tuning to achieve optimum health. My gentle, yet powerful therapies can help you make the shift from unwanted conditions and patterns towards a more enjoyable and fulfilled life.
The therapies that I provide are:
Deep tissue massage.
Quantum Consciousness Master Key Balancing.
Indian Head Massage.
Hot Stone Massage and facials.
Ayurvedic face massage with oils.
Hopi ear treatment.
Thai foot Massage.
KINESIOLOGY is a non-invasive holistic energy therapy. It combines the ancient principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine with modern muscle testing techniques to assess a patient's health. The idea is that any physical, structural, chemical, nutrition, mental or emotion imbalance can be detected by the variation of stress resistance in various muscle groups, making it possible for healing to take place.
KINESIOLOGY can help
• Tensed and aching muscles. Back and neck pain, sciatica, headaches, migraine, postural abnormalities, acute onset and sports injury, stress related disorders.
• Candida, IBS, Colitis, ME, Low energy & Weight problems
• Fears, Anxiety, Phobias and panic attacks. Lack of confidence
In addition, many other functional and systemic disorders from which people increasingly suffer in modern day society
• Fertility, PMT, Menopause.
• Food intolerances, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, sleep pattern disorders and behavioural problems in infancy.
AROMATHERAPY is a holistic therapy in which the mind,body and emotions are treated as one. Essential Oils are selected for clients individual needs. The oils enhance the effect of a soothing massage and help with every type of ache and pain. This treatment relaxes and invigorates the mind, body and spirit.
• Eases painful muscles and joints
• Reduces the symptoms of PMS, migraines and headaches
• Helps with the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress
• Alleviates rheumatism and arthritis symptoms
• Includes optional face massage
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE. For Centuries full body massage has been used for its therapeutic benefits. Deep tissue massage works deeper into the muscles relieving stress and tension in the body and mind.
• Gives a lasting feeling of relaxation and combats the symptoms of stress
• Stimulates circulation of the blood and lymphatic system relieving tense muscles
• Increases health and vitality
REFLEXOLOGY works on the principle that every organ and system of the body has a corresponding point in the feet. Pressure is applied to small areas on the foot known as reflex points, in order to stimulate or relax the body according to the needs of the client.
• A natural and drug free method of helping the body to heal itself
• Can be used to treat a wide range of conditions including anxiety, insomnia and PMS, headaches, sinus, stress & low energy
• Boosts the immune system and detoxifies
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
• Eases the symptoms of stress and aids migraines, headaches and sinus problems
• Improves circulation to the neck and head
HOT STONE THERAPY has become one of the most requested massage treatments in spas around the world. More than just a massage this therapy uses hot stones, crystals and 100% organic oils to provide a wonderful feeling of balance and harmony
• Heated stones provide a deeper relaxation of muscles, helping to alleviate stress, anxiety and tension
• Blood circulation is increased helping to ease aches and pains
• Detoxification is enhanced to cleanse the body
• Crystals are used to align and balance energy centres
AYURVEDIC FACIALS In a 30 minute treatment crystals are placed on the chakras to further relax mind and body.
A deeply relaxing face massage using marma points on the face, melting away tension in mind and body. Leaves a youthful glow.
Can be extended to 1 hour with a full facial including neck and shoulder massage and arms and hands.
REIKI (pronounced Ray-Key) is one of the more widely known forms of energy healing. It is a system of natural healing whereby the practitioner follows a sequence of gentle hand positions covering the whole body.
• A non intrusive therapy – can be administered with the client in a lying or seated position
• The client remains fully clothed
• Can be used to treat a range of symptoms
HOPI EAR CANDLES give a revitalising and truly relaxing heat therapy for head and ears.
• Soothes, relieves and clears the head.
• Helps with sinus and noises in the ear
• Reduces headaches and migraines.
• Helps reduce excessive or compacted wax
AQUA DETOX The Aqua Detox apparatus provides a frequency of positive and negative ions which stimulate the cells in the body.
• Helps to regulate the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues.
• Aids the proper excretion of waste products (toxins).
• Aqua Detox treatments can be combined with other therapies
Thai FOOT MASSAGE is a relaxing therapy involving gentle foot massage. Sensitive, trained hands detect imbalances elsewhere in the body. By working on these points on the feet, tensions are eased in the whole body.
TREATMENTS DURING PREGNANCY I am specially trained in therapies for pregnancy. I understand the symptoms that are associated with pregnancy and can provide a tailor made range of safe treatments to relax and energise during all stages of pregnancy. These include:
• Pregnancy massage
• Holistic organic facials